Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hump-Day Interruptions

     What is it with this place and people interrupting me on my lunch break? We have this Field Service guy that I swear cannot help himself but annoy the crap out of me when he comes to the shop. The biggest annoyance is when I'm on my lunch break. I like to sit out by the loading dock, soak up some sunshine, and enjoy a little quiet time on my lunch break (yes, I live in Florida; no, the heat doesn't bother me). This guy has 3 other places he could park to load up parts for the next day or unload cores & things of the such, but he has to park right next to the dock. So, that's not a big deal, I can usually ignore almost anything that is going on around me if it's not in my face. But he makes a point of talking to me constantly when he's here. Asking me questions. Griping about his job. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. I flat out told him more than once, "I'm on my lunch break, I don't care", and yet he still tries to jaw my ear off. Like, DUDE! Take a freakin break! Leave me alone! The utterly hilarious part is I can do my best to ignore him, not look at him, not acknowledge him, and he will still try to talk my ear off for as long as I'm out there.

    Take today for example. I had about 5 minutes left on my break so I wandered outside for a little Vitamin D & he is out there already. Now, when I walked out the door, I was on my phone, scrolling, mindless drivel to waste some time. I never looked up from my phone, and yet, he was talking to me from the moment he saw me (I have excellent peripheral vision). He asked me if we had any trash bags that he could use to cover some boxes in the bed of his truck & without looking up, I said, "yep, they're where they always are, in (warehouse guy’s desk)". He goes over there & picks up a new roll of bags & asks me if he can open it up. Dude, the company pays for them, I don't care if you take the whole roll, just leave me alone!

    
Am I supposed to keep that smiling customer service face on all day long even when I'm not on the clock? I can't. My time is my time. My time is when I get to fully be me & some days that means that I am a little witchy. Am I wrong here? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The best little BBQ joint in Ocala, FL

  Big Rascal BBQ & Grill Why I love Big Rascal's      3 words. Jalapeno Mac-n-Cheese. Not overly spicy, just enough kick to tell you...