Saturday, July 24, 2021

Tattoos and scars are different things.

July 24th, 2021
Today I am going to get my memory tattoo for my Papa. His life was full of love and laughter and stories. One day, I'll share some of those stories with you,  but today is about creating a lifelong remembrance of the man, the myth, the legendary Mayor of Possum Hill. All he ever wanted to be was a cowboy and that is all he ever did. 

The blank canvas of my right arm, where this permanent reminder will rest.
That's my Papa on the right with Mr. Bill Roberts, author and illustrator of the book, All I Ever Wanted To Be Was A Cowboy
Gotta cool off before the big reveal.

My artist was Dave Draper and I went to Fat Kat's Artistry on the square in Ocala, Florida to get this done. Dave has been tattooing for many years & we had a wonderful conversation throughout the whole time I was there. 
Thanks Dave!
A perfect way to remember Papa.
The log is engraved with the time we were lucky enough to keep him here for, 1921-2020. In his paw is a Christmas tree, in memory of one of my favorite Papa-isms: "Merry Christmas Tree". 

Do you have thoughts or questions? Feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best little BBQ joint in Ocala, FL

  Big Rascal BBQ & Grill Why I love Big Rascal's      3 words. Jalapeno Mac-n-Cheese. Not overly spicy, just enough kick to tell you...