Monday, July 26, 2021

There's just something about Monday

 Monday, July 26, 2021

I am just not feeling it today. And by “it”, I mean my drive to do any school work. 

I had to leave work early today to meet the appraiser (we are trying to get an equity line of credit and it is almost as bad as trying to buy a house). 

Since I was home early, I went ahead and did 2 hours of school work before I even started supper. The hubby wasn’t home yet anyway. Plus, I do my best studying when it’s quiet. So, now I’m sitting here typing away on my laptop so that it LOOKS like I’m doing something when in reality, I’m just procrastinating. 

Do you ever feel just, blah? I am having trouble concentrating on this new class, but it’s not a boring class, I feel like it is almost a rehash of the last 2 classes I took. I’m also starting to rethink what my major is. Not because I don’t enjoy network administration, I’m just finding that the starting pay in my area for this job would be about a $5-10 pay cut from what I’m currently making. Now, I could make that work for a little while to get my foot in the door somewhere, but not for very long.

The company I currently work for is going through a “transformation” and it’s making me rethink my career choice and do I really want to keep following the path I am currently on, or should I make a change?

What I really need is ideas.  Do I have any original ideas? Not hardly. I know a lot of stuff about a lot of different things. Matter of fact, I have a lady that I used to work with that called me “Sleeper”, as in a sleeper car, only I have a brain full of odd and interesting factoids. While my brain does hold a massive amount of mostly useless information, I used to entertain her on a regular basis with information that she could easily “fact check” and not once was I wrong that I’m aware of. I grew up with a dad who taught me a lot of different things, from how to drive a tractor to repairing drywall. I had an interesting childhood. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll do better. I mean, 2 hours of studying isn't bad for a Monday, but I could do more and I just don't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best little BBQ joint in Ocala, FL

  Big Rascal BBQ & Grill Why I love Big Rascal's      3 words. Jalapeno Mac-n-Cheese. Not overly spicy, just enough kick to tell you...